Trump officials call ‘unauthorised’ letter sent to Harvard a ‘mistake’ after clash
[ad_1] Harvard University received an email from the Trump administration last Friday with strict demands on hiring, admissions, and curriculum, which was later called "unauthorised" and a "mistake" after it triggered a clash. The university officials determined that these requirements were too demanding and decided to push back against the White House.Earlier on Monday, the university went public with its stance, sparking a major clash with the US President. Shortly after, a Trump official made a hurried call to the university.According to the New York Times, two people familiar with the matter said that the April 11 letter from the White House's antisemitism task force was "unauthorised" and should not have been transmitted.While three other people told the outlet that Sean Keveney, the acting general counsel of the Department of Health and Human Services and a member of the antisemitism […]